in 2013 i:
- lost friends
- gained weight
- got a hamster
- failed classes
- got depressed
- got better
- went on vacation in greece
- got a cat
- watched all seasons of supernatural
- lost weight
- applied for those work and travel programs, got the job i wanted
- made friends
- started drinking beer again
- started feeling better about myself, and the way i look (ongoing process)
- cut my hair (kinda) short
in 2014 i will:
- pass my exams
- get visa
- go to usa with people i love and going to have the time of my life
- HAVE THE BEST YEAR EVER!
Well, since I:
And I know that I said this before and came back a month later, but this time I decided to take a longer break, at least til June/July, maybe even more. I have to focus on myself and get my shit together, cos I don’t want to be ‘the depressed girl’ or ‘the weirdo’ or ‘the girl who has no friends’ anymore. I’ll be 20 in 2 weeks (wow) and I’ve accomplished nothing so far.
Ok then.. ADIOS :)
7/11 breathing. A skill to use for anxiety. It’s recommended to do it for 10-15 minutes. Like any other skill it does require a lot of practice. I advice that you practice it when you are feeling calm so you are ready in a time of need. If you lose count, which is easily done, simply start again until you do 15 minutes. It will also help with distraction even if you don’t get it right the first hundred times.
Breathing out longer than you breathe in actually activates your parasympathetic nervous system!
Anxiety is your sympathetic nervous system (“fight or flight”) setting off all the alarms, while breathing like this will set the parasympathetic system (“rest and digest”) into action shutting off the alarms and settling your nerves.
Other things that help: laughing, checking out what’s going on around you (moving head and eyes to orient to your surroundings), getting curious about something.
Take care, be safe.
This works. I’ve been doing this for about ten years to avoid anxiety attacks and to not have to take meds for them. Exhale all the air out first, then you will automatically inhale.
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
im pretty sure the person made the picture as a joke just to get a reaction and you guys really supplied them with one hell of one omg bless it
“I wish so much there had been a Rae when I was growing up. It would have made my life so much easier to have had someone real on TV that I could have looked at and gone: ‘I kind of look like her. I don’t look perfect, but she’s got friends. People love her so maybe people will like me for being me. I don’t have to change. I can just be myself…’ How can kids and teenagers feel comfortable when they can’t see anyone who looks like them anywhere?” - Sharon Rooney
I’m having a hard time dealing with things lately. With life.
I feel depressed and anxious again and I can’t talk to anyone about it. I don’t even know the reason why I feel this way. What I do know is that people are tired of me complaining about things.
I’m not gonna lie, this is the worst I’ve felt in a long long time..
I’m visiting my parents this weekend. They noticed that I’m in a bad mood and everything and guess what they did - they told me to stop pretending, to stop doing this just to get more attention! Like, WHAT THE FUCK?!
You know what? I am pretending. I’m pretending to be better than I actually am. It’s been bad over a month now and it’s getting harder to fake good mood and smiles and shit when I don’t feel like it.
Tumblr used to help me before. Now not so much.
And all this, dear friends, is the reason why I’m taking more time off than I thought.
I hope I’ll be back.
i’m leaving tumblr for a couple of days. or more. i’ll be back tho. love u all